This site contains adult writing and topics. If you are under 18 or offended, angered or just don't like talking about sex, read no further.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Gotta Make a Living

I want to really be making money with my writing although I am not quite sure how to go about doing it. Probably shouldn't have chosen erotica as my genre...lol...Thrillers would probably sell more to the masses, or even those silly Harlequin romance novels. Although Harlequin does have a new erotic series called Spice. Modern stories of modern women with the hot sex thrown in. Just haven't quite wrapped myself around writing something that is 90,000 to 150,000 words. So far, 9120 is my max.

I will admit I have about three stories in work that could turn into novel length, one, even a contender for Spice. A while ago I wrote a story called Beneath the Kilt which was inspired by my honeymoon to beautiful Applecross Scotland (Yes a straight story!). I submitted it a couple of places and no one seemed to want it. When I joined the Fish Tank I posted it and the general consensous was that it needed more story and less jumping into sex. I sorta had this fun in Scotland travel thing happening and then bam, orgy on the butchers block. I have been really reworking this. I compeltely changed it and have been adding plots and subplots and characters other than my heroine and her man. I think it could be really good if I ever get it finished.

The other two are Witch Hunt and Merlin's Mother. WH has a ways to go, but can you believe I have finished MM? I am now in the process of beefing it up. Giving the readers a bit more information. I think it looks a little bit too much like an outline. It's giving the story the meat that takes a tole on me. And I don't mean literally...;-)

Other finished stories, soon to be posted here are Sipping Margarita, Precious Pearls and Maxine's. All of which are in the editing process. I like to have them read through by someone else at least once before posting them here.

I'm still trying to find a home for The Double O Rodeo which I think is totally hot. I sent it off to Venus Press today in hopes that they might have a home for it. I didn't see much lesbian stuff posted on their site, but I will keep my fingers crossed. Words Like Yours, which is awesome, is also homeless. It was written for the Valentine Anthology at Bella books, per their request, but there was some kind of communication/sending error. I am thinking there will be another Valentine thing coming up soon...at least I hope so. It would be good for a music anthology too.

Anyhow...I'm rambling. Lots to do...yes...should probably stop writing in blog and finish novel...need to eat...need clothes...yeah...money...must write best seller...yea...

3 comments:

Marchelle said...

Hey, send me Merlins Mother!! I'm so excited!

Marchelle said...

....and P.S., I tell fortune's now. I forsee lots of money in your future!

Crystal said...

May I dare hope you tell true? lol...I have been looking at the story all day. At present it has just ove 12,000 words. I am decidin on whether I should keep going or beef up what's here. I know I could go into much more more detail. Hmmmm...